1. Buying a Vehicle
a) US Buyers
Buying a vehicle from us is very easy. Please visit our showroom in Fairmont City, Illinois near downtown St. Louis, Missouri. You can call us at 800-231-3616 for our showroom. We carry an extensive inventory of 200+ cars. Our sales staff will be happy to go to the vehicle, do a walk around and give you an objective view of the vehicle.
You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please remember we get a very large volume of e-mails everyday. therefore, we cannot answer every e-mail in detail. The best way is always to call.
They can also assist you in obtaining financing from one of our banks. Please call them for a 5-minute confidential application over the phone or in person.
Lastly, we can assist you in delivery through our network of private and commercial carriers. Most of them can deliver the car right up to your driveway.
All buyers must furnish us their name, address and phone numbers.
b) International Buyers
As an international buyer, it is as easy to purchase a vehicle from us as it is for any domestic buyer. Please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone. Please call our showroom at 618-271-3000 in our Fairmont City, Illinois. Rest assured, you are dealing with one of the largest classic car dealership in the United States. Our sales staff is very knowledgeable and can assist you in every aspect of the purchase.
If you decide to purchase from us, we require that you give us your complete name, address and phone numbers (home, office, mobile and fax.)
All international purchases must be paid by bank wire transfer in US Dollar funds only.
Once we have received the funds, we will prepare the car for international shipment through one of our approved land and ocean carriers. Our forwarding company will file all the necessary documents for export, deliver the car to a US port, secure it in container, and board the containger onto a ocean carrier. We can land a vehicle to almost any port worldwide handling container traffic. We export cars regulalry. You or your agent are responsible for Custom clearing the vehicle and registration in your home country.
2. Selling A Vehicle
Gateway Classic Cars will help you sell your car in a timely manner with the least amount of hassle and expense. The process is simple and effective. A Representative will assist you in evaluating the condition of your vehicle and checking resources to help you establish the amount you would receive upon the sale of your vehicle.
Items to bring in with your vehicle at time of consignment:
We also ask that you know the location of the VIN on your vehicle for verification of title information.
- Original Title (must be titled in name of person bringing in vehicle.)
- Any documentation describing work done to your vehicle.
- Driver's License of all owners listed on the title.
We require that your car be clean, ready for display and in good operating condition. Our staff will keep your car clean until it sells. We do not perform mechanical work other than charging batteries and inflating tires, as needed.
Fees for consigning your vehicle with us:
We do not charge any additional fees. Our profit is generated by selling your vehicle for a reasonable amount over the consignment. Once the vehicle is sold, paid for, title transferred and funds deposited, Gateway Classic Cars will cut you a check for the agreed amount.
- All Vehicles - $75.00 per month or $150.00 for 3 months
3. Storing a Vehicle
We offer in-door storage services for people who need to store their car(s), trucks, boats or RVs for long periods of time. We will store the vehicle in a separate section of our showroom.
Required Items for Storage:
- The monthly fee/rent is $75 per month ($225 at time of sign up). The monthly fee is due on the first day of each month. This is for vehicles up to 20 feet long. Vehicles or trailers longer than 20 ft are $4.50/ linear ft.
- At the time of initial sign up, you must pay for the first three months of rent up front.
Please, call us at 618-271-3000 for more information regarding our storage services.
- A Visa, Master Card and or Discover card, is required for the file.
- A copy of the front and back of the title of the vehicle. We cannot store a vehicle with an open title.
- A copy of the Driver's License of all registered/titled owner(s) of the vehicle.
- VIN on the car must match the VIN on the title.
- Vehicle must be left on the premises for extended stays; we don't allow vehicles to be taken out every weekend.